Well! Buying and selling jewelry can be an investment that is priceless and filled with positive memories. Jewelry symbolizes many things in the human journey; past, present and future. Okay, here are 7 easy guides to help you stored your jewelry safely.
1. You should prevent it from becoming tarnished of you want to maintain the look of your jewelry.
Try not to wear jewelry when you are around water. Many of the metals become tarnished, rusty or dull when they get exposed to the elements of water. Painting a thin layer of clear-colored nail polish on your metal jewelry can add a protective barrier to it.
2. Avoid using things like bleach, acetone, ammonia, turpentine, and other related chemicals to clean them with.
These chemicals can wreak havoc on your jewelry, from discoloring bands, to dulling stones, to eroding enamel or glue.
3. Always be aware of the type of stone you’re buying when dealing with gems
Jewels come in natural, synthetic and imitation forms. Natural and synthetic gems are real stones, but imitation is just plastic colored to look like the real thing. Natural stones are found underground and synthetic gems are created in a lab.
4. Keep jewelry stored safely and away from both air and humidity
A box designed especially for jewelry gives the best protection, but a cloth bag can also work. Tarnish is a chemical reaction that happens when silver and other metals are exposed to moisture and air. It’s possible to restore precious metals through polishing, but lesser-quality metals may suffer permanent damage.
5. Observe them and see what jewelry pieces the happen to be wearing, such as necklaces, earrings, or rings.
Also take note of any metals or stones they seem to prefer. These types of observations will provide a starting point to purchase an item they’ll cherish.
6. Jewelry should last for years to come
Choose reputable jewelry dealers when considering your next jewelry purchase. A valuable piece of jewelry will be well-made and feature superior craftsmanship. A credible jeweler should offer a complete history of the piece, including information about the creator and the source of the gemstones. If you select high-quality jewelry, it will last you forever.
7. Study current jewelry trends prior to shopping for a piece.
It is one thing to get a gorgeous bauble, but it is another to get it on sale!