Well! Jewelry is almost always a wonderful gift idea for a special woman, especially if you don’t have many other ideas of what to get her. And here are some suggestions for selecting and purchasing the fine and fashion jewelry. Check out, below.
1. Make sure you organize your jewelry properly
Jewelry should be stored in an organized way in a box, a jewelry holder or hung on hooks. Resist the urge to jumble all your pieces together in one box or basket. This can hurt very fragile jewelry, and tangle necklaces or bracelets.
2. Trying putting them in a box with a tight-fitting lid or a bag that has a drawstring closure
Jewelry is best stored in an area with low humidity. Air and humidity can cause the metals that the jewelry are made of to tarnish. Precious metals are capable of being polished until they are like new, while non-precious metals will not be able to be saved. This is because the non-precious metals are simple copper metal coated with the covering of precious metals, and when polished, they will allow the copper to show through.
3. When you’re considering a diamond purchase, plan on shopping around and making comparisons
Look at what you like close up, and compare them to other pieces you have seen. You must be a sharp consumer to avoid tricks that might make a diamond look better than it really is.
4. Pay attention to the type of metal they wear, such as white gold or yellow gold
Also notice if your loved one usually wears hoops or studs. These answers should give you a reasonable starting point for your shopping.
5. Make sure you check into insurance policies when you make a jewelry purchase from a jewelery
Many stores offer a policy where you can bring broken or damaged jewelry back to the original jeweler for repair at little to no cost. Some jewelers will offer insurance on jewelry that might have been stolen or lost.
6. Try to keep your jewelry away from water
If you can prevent your jewelry from tarnishing, it will surely look much more attractive. Many of the metals become tarnished, rusty or dull when they get exposed to the elements of water. Applying a very thin covering of clear nail varnish to your jewelry offers an added degree of protection.